Saturday, October 30, 2010

External DVR

My desktop's internal combo drive crapped out a while back.  Luckily Fallout 3 had a built in work around to forcing you to use the cd to get the pop up auto play thingy to launch the game.  I have not been able to play Sim City 4 when I got the craving a month or two ago.

Anyway, I decided I needed a new combo drive when I purchased Fallout New Vegas.  I decided to get an external one for about $55 bucks on sale rather than get a $40 internal drive on a PC that I want to replace soon and not have to mess with installing it on the old tower, removing for a new pc, and installing it on the new PC.  So far I've been impressed with the external drive.  It has plug n play capability which is nice.  And if I ever get a tablet PC or something for the living room or my wife's CD drive on her laptop craps out, this thing will be nice to use to install software, read discs, or burn stuff upstairs.

I purchased a Pioneer DVR-XD10, slim portable USB2.0 DVD/CD Writer.  It does take up 2 USB ports that need to be close.

External drive:  recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment