Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NFL Lockout ends

Finally, the lockout has ended and we can get back to discussing football!  It will be a very large flurry of activity the next few weeks as teams prepare for the season, sign players, trade, etc.

My Vikings are already talking about signing a veteran QB with Donovan McNabb.  I used to be utterly opposed to this earlier this year before the draft but I'm warming to the idea.  If the compensation is right to the Redskins (I heard 6th or 7th rounder, worth it) and the right deal can be made with McNabb on renegotiating his contract (which he may do because of his play lately) and he can deal with being a backup eventually later this year or next year (which he might again because of his play lately), then I'm for the deal.  We'll see what happens. 

Maybe Sid Rice will stay if we get a veteran QB with some experience.  I do like Christian Ponder but I understand some people's concerns with a rookie starting.  There just isn't that many Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, or Sam Bradford's out there which can be effective as a rookie.

At least the NFL lockout is done and we can begin talking football again!

No comments:

Post a Comment